3.10.2008

What a great Monday!

Today was pretty nice. I had a dental appt and then I met dh for lunch. I don't know how to explain it...I felt like I did when we first started seeing each other. I couldn't stop smiling.

I had a cup of my favourite coffee, Southern Pecan, too. My lucky day. I drove down to the goodwill to see if I could score any neat dishes. I really had to restrain myself. There were quite a few Homer Laughlin pieces that I really wanted but couldn't bring myself to pay $9.25 for a single plate. Quite a few Buffalo China cups, as well as some Shenango cups.

After that I went to Pleasant's Hardware and picked up an ultra cheap towel bar for the closet door. I've been looking for one all over the place. Of course it doesn't fit the closet door but I'll use it in the laundry. The bar is thin enough to accept a clothespin and I mainly wanted it to clip gloves and mittens and scarves so they could dry out and dd could get them herself.

When dh got home from work we took the dogs out for a walk around the block. I noticed that my hosta plants have broken ground already. The lilac is purpling up. The vinca is blooming. I guess it's about time I should head down to the Berry Farm to get some bedding plants. They opened last Friday. Now I just need for the soil to dry out a bit. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

Hooray for god days. :)

Norm Deplume said...

crap- *good* days. Although I suppose 'god' days might be appropriate, as well. ;)

scdd said...

I'll take them either way. ;o)