3.07.2008

Dirty talk

My hands are so dry they're like velcro. I hate that feeling. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! I planted peas. I also hoed up one of the raised beds, the one I use for the drying tomatoes. The chickens loved it. They gorged themselves on worms and then sunbathed in their dusting hole for awhile. They sounded so content talking to each other in their sing-songy way. The cats raced around chasing each other and rolled in the dirt. Each clump was an adventure. After it rains I'll go plant my spinach and mache. It felt so good having the sun beat down on my back, the sweat running down the side of my face.

I emailed dh at work and suggested he come home and share the afternoon sun with me. He had an appeal at 2:00 but surprised me by walking in the door before 3:00. I made a big bowl of popcorn and we sat outside, had a few beers and played a round of 3-13. Dd was in a good mood as well when she got home from school. She wanted to play some computer games and that occupied her for quite some time.

Dh and I took the plastic sheet off of the goldfish pond. It'll probably fill up with the fuzzy red maple blossoms now. I need to do some planting around the pond to make a leaf barrier. The liriope seems to do the trick quite well.

I love spring.

0 comments: