3.12.2008

As I was saying....

The cheaper sliding drawers are much lighter weight and are easily bent. Not much good if I have heavy cast iron cookware.

Got home right on time for the daily after school meltdown. Always a treat. So while she was crying and yelling and stomping around I decided to get dinner ready. Fried cabbage and onions. Steamed broccoli. Jasmine rice. Stir-fried chicken in a sweet & spicy sauce. It was on the table at 6:30 and I was out the door to the horticulture seminar at 6:45.

Got to the seminar right on time. Packed house. Very serious people all hoping to get THE SECRET. Except the couple next to me of course. The guy apparently knew everything there was to know and wanted his girlfriend to know he knew so he talked thru the entire seminar. He asked the speaker a question and then started talking to his girlfriend while the speaker was answering him. He was saying "see, I told you..." Idiot. I was leaning forward to hear the speaker with a finger jammed in my ear to drown them out and they didn't get the hint. Or more likely didn't give a shit.

The seminar was very informative and lasted two hours. Dd was still awake when I got home and I went thru the bedtime routine with her. I set about finishing my chores for the day. I turned the dryer back on since the clothes were still damp. Noticed that dh had taken all of his clothes out and put them away. I had to go retrieve them from his dresser because they were still too damp. He said they were "dry enough". gah. Men.

So, either it was a pretty good day or I'm getting numb to the stuff that usually sets me off.

0 comments: