3.19.2008

Oh no, what have I done???

I'm going to sack out early tonight. I have a big day ahead of me. I bought the little playhouse at Lowes today. It's a tiny little thing but it will keep the cats warm, safe, and dry and give dd something to do in the backyard. I'm rather giddy about it. I envision it nestled in my work-in-progress shade garden. Dwarfed by the leland cypress border behind and shielded by the bamboo on it's left. The maple's canopy will keep it cool. There will be a nice stepping stone path winding around the maple that'll lead to it's dutch door. A big cheery pot of impatiens will brighten up the dooryard. Right now it's painted a colour that matches the house perfectly. I am, however, thinking that a bright cheery yellow with white trim would look nice. Copper rain chains on the drip line would complete the picture.

Anyway, I've got to put it together tomorrow. I've also got to do laundry. Vacuum the house. Cut some tile. Plant spinach, beets, lettuce, and mache. Plant the bedding plants I got the other day. Clean out the chicken house and put the manure/straw in the garden. I got a big bale of compressed wood chips today at the Tractor Supply store to make their house nice and cozy. Time to open the window for them and take down their passive solar heat, too. ;o) I hope it doesn't rain.

Went for coffee this morning. Had a nice tall cup of Southern Pecan. It was excellent as always. Conversation would have made it better but we can't have everything. Maybe next time. I did make a point of saying hello to everyone I passed though. They must have thought I was a loon. ;o)

1 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I love it when strangers say hello to me. Of course I live in a small town in the Midwest, so it's not that uncommon here.