3.31.2008

Tumbling Tumbleweeds

Chilly and rainy here today so I won't be wallowing in the warm sunshine. Thought I'd catch up on this blog and make a few garden notes.

First, a titmouse couple has set up house in the zebra striped birdhouse on the maple tree. The wrens aren't too happy about it as they wanted it for themselves. Toast has taken a keen interest in it. He was able to launch himself from the ground and set it swinging the other day. Miserable cat.

Did some tiling yesterday while dh and dd played board games. I had to cut a few tiles to go around the supply handles. It wasn't too bad. I broke the first tile by not paying attention to my pressure points. The others snapped away easily. I love my tile cutter. :o)

Never got the chance to get the tiller in the garden. It's been raining too much lately to get in any time soon. I think it's supposed to rain for the next three days. I should get a lot of tiling done. The playhouse isn't done yet. I got it put together over the weekend but I've only primed the trim so far. It'll need to be painted and the roof sealed before we set it in the garden. I need to make some more stepping stones too but will have to wait for the rain to stop. I plan on using some broken tiles for mosaics.

Square Peg is dead. Figures it would die right after I paid hosting for the next quarter. It was quite an expensive porkchop considering. It certainly frees me up for more constructive pursuits like laundry, dishes, dusting and other exciting ventures that would otherwise suffer had the site been a success. ;o)

Spring Break is over and the kidlet has gone back to school! Her first soccer game was on Saturday. Team Lightning won! 5 - 3. Dd got two of the goals. Her playing greatly improved after her first goal. I guess she had lost her confidence over the winter. Glad to see it back. It was an exciting game. Hopefully the team will be able to get a couple of practices in before the next game. Looks like today's may be rained out though. :o( They really need the practice. There are a few first year kids on the team and they don't know what to do on the field.

Well, I'm off to find some of those exciting ventures I posted about. Dishes or laundry? Maybe I should vacuum up some of these tumbling tumbleweeds?

0 comments: