3.26.2008

Garden update....

Today was absolutely beautiful. We spent the first half playing puttputt out at Rockwood. Skip took the day off from work so we could share some quality family time. We had lunch at Mickey D's. I hate that place but the snack wraps are surprisingly tasty and I fired down 1.5 crispy chipotle BBQs and a sweet iced tea. We ended up getting four. Dh kept telling the chick that we wanted three and she kept saying she got the order but kept calling back for four so.... I hope she's not counting on McD's as a career.

We went back to Rockwood, which was now crawling with people and kids, and played another round. I got a lot of sun. I took my vitamin D hit today in pill form as well so I should be good for a bit. My legs were beginning to ache. We went over to Big Lots afterwards to see what they had in the garden section. I got a nice trough planter for $7. I whipped up a bunch of soil mix for it when we got home: topsoil, sphaghum moss, and perlite. It's now planted with firecracker flower bulbs, radishes, and mesclun. I'm eager to see what comes up.

We sat outside, drank beer, ate pretzels and played cards until the sun went down. I gave all my plants a nice shot of miracle gro and took the sun lovers outside on the deck. We even wrestled the pine tree out on the deck. It barely fits thru the door now. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with it by fall.

The garden update: I have peas. I planted them on March 6th and noticed the sprouts on the 22nd. That's pretty quick for peas this early. They're snow peas. I planted them thickly, too. I hope I get a bumper crop. We eat a lot of stirfries here.
The onions survived the winter, the horseradish is coming in thick, the chives are all over the place. The oregano is beautiful as always. Tomorrow will be a big day for the garden. Lots to do out there. Skip wants me to throw some tile on the wall, too. That may not happen tho. Not if the sun is shining. ;o)

0 comments: