1.02.2008

DIY

Man oh Man oh Man. I just discovered that we get the DIY network on tv. I usually don't turn the tv on at all during the day. I have enough distractions already tyvm. So far I've watched a kitchen makeover show, a bathroom makeover show, and now there's a show on painting techniques. Either a lot of changes are going to happen in this house or none at all because I can't tear myself away from the tv.

Actually I'm excited to get some paint on the walls of this house. Dh likes plain white walls. They kill me. I like colour! Bold, bright colours! My kitchen is a sunny yellow that I painted using a dry brush technique. Like colourwashing without the glaze. Super cheap. When dd was really little she would "hug" the wall and say it was a happy colour. I have to say the kitchen is probably my favourite room in the house.

I'm dying to strip the wallpaper off the wall in the master bedroom, the only room in the house with wallpaper. It's rather lumpy so I'm not sure what I'll find underneath. I have to finish the bathroom first, though. That means finishing the shower tiling, the floor tiling, the vanity tiling, painting the walls and hanging the fixtures. A lot of work. I'll need to squeeze some of that in before 12. There's something interesting coming on at 12. I hope this channel shows some outdoor stuff, too. I've got a lot of landscaping planned for this spring.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like color too. That is one of the hard things about living in military housing.