1.21.2008

Oh the humanity...

My dh and my dd and I have been together 24/7 for the past 5 days. Tomorrow he goes back to work and she goes back to school. I will be wallowing in the blissful silence. For the past couple of nights we have been joined by 7 cats and 2 dogs as well. It's been really cold outside and the poor dogs just can't handle it. Dh was able to call Blondie in but Tuco wasn't showing up. He had to go out to his house inside the garage to check on him. Seems he wrapped himself up in his blanket like a burrito and couldn't get loose. I still can't figure out how he managed that.

Anyway, I can't wait for the week to begin. I can exercise again without being made fun of. I can go out to the library, a book store, or even Michaels without being rushed. I can listen to Steely Dan or Vivaldi without comment. I'm quite excited about it.

The shit hit the fan with dd this evening. The denouement of a long weekend of brattiness. I don't want to be a bitchy mom. I want dd to have a happy childhood. She'll grow up way quicker than I did. That's just a product of the times I'm afraid. But I fear my leniency has come back to bite me square on the ass. It's time to follow through on some of my consequential threats. It's not going to be pretty. *sigh*

0 comments: