12.27.2007

Steamed

Today was pretty nice out. While I was out feeding the chickens I thought I'd do a little yard work as well. I cut down all the old chrysanthemums and shiso. I carried the pile of vegetation back behind the garage where we have a big brush pile. There on top of the pile was a freshly cut cedar. A single leader tree the perfect size for a Christmas tree. Who the hell would be lobbing their spent tree onto our brush pile the day after Christmas? Dh.

Every year we use a potted Norfolk Island pine as our tree. It makes for a very ugly tree but nothing is killed. I hate the idea of killing a tree just for two weeks of decoration. That's the tree hugger in me. So when I found out that the perfect little cedar laying on top of our brush pile was actually the perfect little cedar tree that used to be in our front yard I went ballistic.

Dh cut it down because he didn't want it there anymore. The branches were extending 16 inches into the backyard gate he said. So he hacked it down and threw it away knowing fully well that I would go ballistic when I found out. But, hey, it's too late now so it's not logical to stay mad, right? Right?? That's his logic, not mine. We could have had a perfect Christmas tree this year but he killed the tree for nothing. NOTHING! I'm so pissed.

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I can imagine how angry. I Actually had a temper tantrum the second time dh weed-whacked my young clematis to the ground. The first time i chalked it up to him not knowing it was there. The second time I got angry. How could he forget?

We don't even live in that house anymore and I'm still a little steamed about it.

Mandy said...

Oh wow. I would be so mad!