10.10.2007

Our Lady of Perpetual Bingo

Downtown Richmond. This weekend. The annual Folk Festival. I was just checking out the schedule of events and it looks like my World History Professor will be taking the stage on Saturday. I haven't seen him since the Greece/Italy trip in 1995. I had to check my passport for the date. It's been a long time. This guy is the king of the one liners. I absolutely loved his class.

One day we were in a small village in France. Most of the class stayed in town for lunch but there was an old fortress at the top of the mountain that I just had to see so I headed off. It was breathtaking. Part of the ruins housed a museum to Joan of Arc. Apparently she had been held captive there. It was also where the Knights Templar were held.

I had very little time to check the ruins out and no time for lunch. When I got back to the group I asked what I had missed of the local cuisine. Kinney, very deadpan, said, "Eh, the same old crepe". I still have to laugh when I think about that trip.

0 comments: