10.14.2007

busy, busy, busy

I slept fairly late today. Doesn't mean much since I didn't get to sleep until after 3 a.m. I didn't want to take an Ambien since I had no desire to hobnob with the shadow people. Even so, I was able to finish nearly everything that was on my ToDo list today. Well, with a little help from the dh. The only things I didn't get to were adding the hack to Square Peg and making a couple loaves of banana bread. The bananas are beyond ripe. We're talking the liquid stage. Just the other side of perfect for my taste. But they'll make an outstanding loaf.

I was finally able to clean the aquarium and set it up for dd's new fish. I had promised her about a month ago but serious life got in the way and we just got around to it. She chose 3 Sunset Fire Platys (or something like that) and a pair of Bettas...male and female named Max and Ruby. The Pleico is unimpressed with the new rocks and the nifty little sculpture or the new neighbours. He's probably not to happy about the clean aquarium either since he eats algae scum. I'd put him in the goldfish pond if I thought he'd survive the winter. He's a big fish now.

Dh's aunt was admitted to the hospital for ovarian cancer this weekend. Hopefully dh called to find out how her surgery went while dd and I were out in search of vampire teeth this afternoon. Her sister died of cancer a few years ago and I'm sure she's afraid she is headed toward the same fate.

Dh cooked/burned hotdogs out on the grill this afternoon. The last hurrah of summer I guess. It was nice. I loaded mine down with horseradish as always and never broke a sweat. I guess it's time I dug up some roots and ground up my own. Dd knocked two dogs back. I don't know where that kid puts it. 3 months shy of 8yo and 52 lbs. She barely casts a shadow and yet she can pack away the food like a field hand. The other day dh went cycling up in DC and didn't get back until late. Dd and I decided to kick back and have tv dinners. I fixed her a Hungry Man....over a pound of food. Two salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy, stringbeans, and a brownie. All gone. She's always hungry. It's a good thing she cares about nutrition or we'd be in trouble.

That's all the drama for today.

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I hope your fishies are happy in their new home. I often think the kids would enjoy an aquarium, but then I remember how much I hate cleaning the damned things.

I'm happy that fall is coming, although I will miss the fresh vegetables and dh doing the grilling.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are calming down in your life.

We're heading to a pumpkin farm this weekend so DD can pick some to carve for the front porch. Then we'll settle in with some freshly roasted seeds and watch a movie. Nice, quiet family time.

Beatrice