10.02.2007

Cancer.

Dad had a colonoscopy this morning. They unzipped his guts this afternoon. His asshole doctor kept prescribing zantac even when told it wasn't working. They found cancer in his intestines and resected part of his bowel. Just a few hours between diagnoses and surgery. Barely enough time to panic.

I've made arrangements so I'll be able to go down to their house for a few days and stay with Mom. The dishwasher is running right now. I've caught up on all the laundry as of this afternoon. I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of tv dinners for dh & dd. The cell phone is charged. All I have to do is gas up the car tomorrow morning and I'm off.

Dh is all "what about the cats? What about the fish? What about the kid's lunch? What about the chickens?" Dd knows how to take care of all of that. I'll give her a house key so she'll be able to get in the house if dh doesn't get home in time. Or she'll just go up to Gavin's house....

I'm so tired. I had my prescription to Lunestra filled while I was out. Different tier on the co-pay so the pharmacist wanted $50 for 30 pills. I had to decline. A baseball bat or rubber mallet is much cheaper and probably more effective.

3 comments:

Beckster said...

My dad calls the Lunester, lol.

I hope your dad recovers quickly, Susan.

Beckster said...

Um, he calls "it" the Lunester. Ugh.

scdd said...

Thanks Becky...he shows improvement every day. :o)