10.20.2007

Another long day

Bed felt so good this morning. The sheets were so smooth and just the right temperature. I could hear dh and dd slamming around at the other end of the house, then the cats started crying to get their brekkie, and then Blondie started howling because there was a siren going off a couple miles down the road. *sigh* I think I could have slept until noon. BUT. We had to get to the soccer fields to get the team picture taken and you have to get there early if you want a parking spot somewhere in this county. Traffic was a bitch because of the airshow and the special golf olympics and whatever else was happening in the park. Coach was late and the photo wasn't taken until just a few minutes before their game was due to start.

The game itself was a real nail biter. 3 to 2. Our team barely pulled it off this time. Our kids usually trounce the hell out of the other players so much so that the coach has to tell them to stop making goals. Dd made a beautiful goal today. It was perfection. Keegan made the other two. We used to stick around after games last year just to watch him play and luckily he's on our team this year. He's a real sweet kid.

We went out to eat after the game and then came home. I had to do some laundry, pack up some stuff for goodwill, and after a very close cardgame with dh I transferred some tadpoles to an indoor tank so we could monitor their growth. It's rather late in the season and they've just begun to sprout back legs. It'll probably be a couple more weeks until they have front legs and then it would be too late for them to survive the winter. Last year we had the perfect setup for them complete with mosquitoes to eat. We also needed to do some testing on the water heater as it hasn't been heating the water very well lately. The elements and thermostat checked out so I don't know what the problem is. I'd like to switch to a tankless heating system but dh isn't keen on the idea.

I've still got some laundry to do, dinner to make, some tinkering to do at the board , and a few other odd bits until I can settle down to Eastenders tonight. I bet the bed is going to feel really good.

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

You get to watch Eastenders? I'm so very envious of you now.

scdd said...

Are you a fan??? I've been watching it for YEARS now and have no one to dish about it with.