10.24.2007

It's raining...It's pouring...

I'm loving the sound of the rolling thunder and the steady static sound of rain on the roof. It's like music to my ears tonight. I was able to empty one of the rain barrels earlier today, transferring the water to any bucket I could find. I just looked outside and it's overflowing again and the goldfish pond is full. That'll keep my plants going for another month if it doesn't rain again soon.
Poor Rocky is huddled outside on the fence. Usually she goes in the coop when it's raining but decided against it tonight for some reason. The dogs are in the barn and all the cats are in the house except Nibble and Pip. Orville was in the house but wanted to go outside so he could sit on the window sill and look in. Beats me.

I've taken my pharmaceutical quota for the night and I'm just waiting for dh to fall asleep. He's watching Cash Cab right now and is uncharacteristically lucid for this late hour.
I've got a sinus headache which is affecting my teeth. I should double up on my antihistamines because my ears are bothering me as well. Unfortunately I have to go out tomorrow morning and I would be a zombie.

I've got a lot coming up. Girl Scouts tomorrow and I still have to put patches on dd's uniform, the writers' group on Saturday and I still don't have the story finished for the anthology, and a Halloween party on Sunday and I don't have dd's costume finished yet. Dd swallowed a tooth the other day and the tooth fairy hasn't caught wind of it yet.

When it rains, it pours. ;o)

0 comments: