11.29.2005

White Rabbit Syndrome

I've got it. Way too much to do and so very little time. I should be on the road right now but I feel like writing is important...more important...and I want to get something down before I go. Even if it's mindless blather for which I am so well known. Riiiight.

I spent a chunk of time this morning on the library site checking to see if they had any of the books that are listed for sale in the pinetree garden seed catalogue. I put a few on reserve. I also perused the mcCall's site and found a few patterns I want to pick up this week while they are only $1.00 each. Not that I'll ever do anything with them you understand. I have a whole collection of patterns that have never been cut and are either way outdated or dd has outgrown them long ago. I can't even give them away at MD. (Although I doubt that has anything to do with the patterns.)

I spent last night googling my ass off trying to find something to do with my IRL time. From ice skating a couple hours a week to a hiking group, yoga every day this week to a sewing class at Hancock's, quilting with the persian pickle girls to a once-a-month writing group at a tiny little bookstore in Chester. I had wanted to do some cycling at the AmFam today but they require a 48 hour sign up. Must be popular. Maybe they should think about expanding, eh?

I think maybe I should volunteer at the library at dd's school. I used to play librarian when I was a kid. I had a card catalogue of all my books and friends had to sign them out when they borrowed them. Yes, I was a geek back then, too. Not as bad as dh though, who keeps a list of books he's read so he won't make the mistake of rereading one. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if that were to happen???

Oops...sorry. Drifted off there for a bit with an old issue of Budget Living. April/May 2003. It's on my desk for some reason...maybe the fountain in the livestock watering tank article. Hmmmm, wonder if that would make a good goldfish pond if I slapped a liner in it? Eh, never happen. Dh is concerned because I hauled out the little chicken house for the roosters yesterday. It's sitting in front of the garage and he doesn't like the looks of it. Too bad. Reminds me: I need to get another clear vinyl shower curtain to use as a cover for the short run. It's working beautifully on the big chicken house run. The air is heated in the covered run and it enters the insulated box where it's trapped. Very snuggly in there. A nice place to curl up for a nap if it weren't for all the chicken shit. Tootsie doesn't seem to mind it in the nest box. Good to know the birds will be warm as long as the sun is out.

0 comments: