11.08.2005

I'm giddy.

Went to our first Parent/Teacher conference today. Dh took time off from work to attend. As we were walking down the hall to the classroom he said he didn't want me getting in the teacher's face. WTF? I know how to conduct myself properly. His attitude floored me. I told him I was going to strongly suggest that dd be put into an accelerated reading program since she is reading chapter books and the teacher had told dd that she wasn't ready for them yet.

According to the teacher dd has excelled at everything and is at the top of the class. She tested 100% on nearly everything. She misspelled one word out of 20 and she only needed a 4 to pass. The teacher was gushing. She said that dd was reading from the 1st grade reading list and that she was going to put her in an accelerated reading group next week. No prompting from me at all. I'm so proud. Dh said he was extremely impressed. High praise coming from him.

0 comments: