12.11.2007

Why go anywhere when you already live in Paradise?

What a beautiful day it was yesterday. December 10th and high 70s. I opened up all the windows! I took the opportunity to sit outside, load up on vitamin D, and decide on our vacation destination for next year. We've loosely planned on the cruise for September. Dd will be in school but MIL said she would stay here for the week to watch her. We'll also be going back to DC for a few days. If you can't find something to do in DC then there's something wrong with you. I didn't think I'd like it but I did.
For the summer vacation I'm leaning toward Hilton Head Island, Marco Island, or Captiva. Dh was tossing out San Francisco, Boston, someplace in Texas, or even Orlando again. I don't know. It's a tough choice. Plus, we have that Outer Banks thing...Barrier Island Station in Duck.

I think next year I'll get my passport renewed and apply for dh's and dd's. I wouldn't think twice about going to London for a long weekend. ;o)

Dh's friend, Paul, was lamenting the fact that he was going to spend another two weeks in Hawaii. This past summer he went to Hawaii for a bit and then Tahiti for a week. To me, that has as much appeal as Phuket or Guam.

1 comments:

Jen Collins said...

"What a beautiful day it was yesterday. December 10th and high 70s. I opened up all the windows!"

I hate you *glowers*