12.24.2007

yuck.

Man, I feel like shit. I've been fighting a headache and the urge to spew for the past two days. I was afraid to take my ambien last night and as a result I was still tossing and turning at 5 a.m.
Dh has been pissing and moaning all day because I'm not laughing and having a good time. I'm ruining Christmas. Geez, why not throw a little guilt and pressure my way. That's sure to make this illness flee in mortal terror. He just asked me if I'd like a little 7up for my stomach upset. I said yes. So he brought me the whole 2 liter bottle. No glass. Nice.

We went letterboxing after lunch. We took Blondie, too. I thought the fresh air and exercise would make me feel better. Didn't. The car ride over to the park nearly did me in. Dh was not happy. I made the effort. That should account for something. Doesn't. We didn't find the letterbox either.

I made the artisan bread this afternoon. The dough had been working for 22 hours. Turned out pretty good for my first shot at this recipe. Nice sharp crust, chewy interior with lots of holes. No tang that I can detect though.

All I want to do is take a very hot shower, put on my snuggies and curl up in front of the fire and watch my annual Christmas Eve Bruce Willis movie. And then sleep sleep sleep. No chance of that though.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

((hug))
that stinks! I am sorry you were feeling so sick and hope you feel better now

scdd said...

Thanks Jessica...I'm hacking up bits of shredded lung now I think. Ugh. I hate getting colds. What's even worse is that dh caught it, too. He's downright pitiful when he's sick. The world stops and all that, lol.

Jessica said...

oh man...so of course, dh is sick and he has it at least 5 times as bad as you right?? LOL

Hope you are getting some rest and that you keep the rest of your lungs intact *wink*