12.05.2007

Baby, it's cold outside...

Especially for Rocky. She's decided to go into moult. The poor little naked bird was freezing out there this morning, dwarfed by the other girls with their feathers all fluffed out. I brought her inside in the cat carrier in a pile of leaves and she has ceased shivering. I just gave her a potato chip which she dispatched with her usual gusto. The bird loves junk food. I'll have to pick up some cheese crackers for her this afternoon to cheer her up. The other girls were none too happy about me taking her away.

We brought the tree in last night. It looks much better since I repotted it the other day. It may be too big for the living room next year. I baked cookies yesterday as well. I started making Ranger cookies but discovered I didn't have any shredded coconut so I ended up adding a splash of pina colada mix instead. They turned out really well and have the added flavor of pineapple. Then I made a batch of pumpkin cookies with cranberries and walnuts. Great for breakfast. ;o) I need to mix up a batch of dough to run thru the cookie press. Dd loves the different shapes. I made some with carob last year that I thought were great. They weren't sweet enough for dd & dh. I always cut the sugar too much I suppose. That sounds like a great project for us to do this evening. The kitchen will be warm and cozy anyway.

1 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I love cookies for breakfast. :)