12.13.2007

The Twelve Step Christmas

Real life kind of snuck up on me. I'm still not done with my Things To Do list. The party is on Sunday and I'm not even close to being done. I wasted a beautiful summerlike day yesterday running around town trying to get stuff done. For no good reason. It's all quite pointless really. I'm sitting here thinking of 10 other things I should be doing...laundry, baking, making wrapping paper, actually wrapping gifts, sending out my Christmas cards, getting stuff ready for the Brownies meeting tonight, sewing dd's patches onto her vest, laying another course of tile... I'm afraid all of this stuff will avalanche soon.

But I think it is equally important to get my emotional and spiritual baggage taken care of as well. So, let me dig around in the confession bowl and see what pops up for today. Drum roll...

Ahh, Nicole. Ok. I never apologized to her for my role in the great fake IP address debacle at MD. April approached me and told me to post that I saw the IP match that proved that Nicole was posting at MD. I didn't. Because there wasn't one. April and Tiffany pretended to be Nicole and then swore up and down that it was really Nicole and they had the IP match to prove it. I, like every other hookabitch, sat back and said nothing. I knew if I denied the existence of the IP match then Apiffany would out me as the I&G mole. So I said nothing. I don't know why no one else came forward. When it finally came out and the hookabitches were scrambling to make nice and cover their asses I said nothing. I felt no need to make a public apology to Nicole. And it rather made me sick to see the hookabitches genuflecting and mewling over someone who despised us so vehemently. But what was far worse was the arrogance that followed. Nobody gave two shits about Nicole's feelings and by stepping forward and announcing that they had apologized to Nicole they were able to bask in the glow of the MDers who lavished them with "it takes a big person to admit when they were wrong" tripe and appear to be scrupulous at the same time.

My only regret was the loss of my friendship with Faith/IrishEyes who denounced MD and the hookabitches and never came back.

0 comments: