11.25.2007

Spelling it out isn't as bad as saying it.

OMFG. I'm not a religious person at all but this still just has me shaking my head. Why be so crude? Why not show a little respect for those who are religious? Hell's Bells, if you hang with the religious peeps then you should at least try to take their beliefs into consideration. Get a clue. If your bestest buds can't even type out God without inserting a hyphen then you can bet your ass they won't want to spell out OMFG in their head. Although I do recall one of the more vocal "Christians" at MD using that same acronym quite often. That would seem worse than actually typing out God imo. I guess one woman's blasphemy is another woman's attempt at being hip and cool.

And the overall use of the word CUNT that has become the new 'in' name to sling around...zoiks. A few years from now when some of those women's kids are surfing the web, it is inevitable that one is going to run across something their mom wrote way back when. I can see it now. "Wow, mom called that other woman a Cuntastic Bitch! I can't wait to use that one!" Makes me rather proud to be a prude. I've had my moments but it's really not in my nature to get that crude. If that's the caliber of the folks running the show now, I guess I should be glad I'm not associated with them anymore. Being more hardcore than Sybermoms was not one of the things we were shooting for when we created MD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if the longest word you know is Gym-bor-ee, a little used profanity must be like a diamond.

scdd said...

Hee, I got nothing to top that.