11.09.2007

Beauty is only skin deep...

Ugly goes right to the bone.

My old online "friends" were discussing a member's appearance one day. I don't remember who. I didn't engage in the thread. It seems she had a mouth full of stained teeth. I guess she posted in one of the mama pic threads. The girls were very judgemental with some 5th grade "EWWWWs" thrown in for good measure. There may have even been used the puking icon. I really thought they felt they were actually better than the poor mama with the stained teeth.

Well, it embarrassed me. Made me feel very self conscious. I didn't let on but, yeah, it hurt. I was suddenly glad I didn't post pics of myself very often. I've got stained teeth. Exterior bleaching will not work. The tooth is dead. Root canal has turned it into a brownish gray tooth. They would need to open the tooth, scrape out the insides and then bleach the shit out of it and then pack it with something. It would have to be done every year.
The other alternative is to grind the tooth down to a nub and put a porceline crown over it. Like all the other porceline crowns I have. I just had one put in today. I think that brings the total up to 9 crowns. $500 per crown plus $300 to prepare the tooth.
$7,200 so far and I'm scheduled for two more. I'm thinking about getting lumineers for those two but I think the cheapest is $600 per tooth with a 4 tooth minimum.

I'm a smiler. All the time for no apparent reason. Maybe that's why people walk away. Or maybe it's my nasty stained teeth...you know...because I'm classless and all.

4 comments:

scdd said...

Wow, the things you write when you're in an Ambien induced haze.

Jen Collins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Collins said...

Oh, I remember what I was going to say.
You're beautiful. I know, I've seen a picture :) So let them go chew on their magic erasers and feel superior if it really makes them happy.

Unknown said...

I have stained teeth too, don't feel bad. I also can't afford to have the crowns I need put in and I have dental insurance. It just doesn't pay enough.