11.27.2007

Ambien induced prattle

Try to keep up.
Gosh, what mean things can I say tonight? I'm in a fairly agreeable mood tonight. I had a perfect White Russian while watching NCIS and House. It just doesn't get any better than that.
The day was gorgeous. I went over to Regina's to pick up the last couple of yards of fabric that need cutting and I dropped off what I broke my back cutting the other day.
I happened upon a book sale at the library and got some great buys. I got a flylady book for 25¢. My Myth Busters DVD finally came in.
I was able to sit out in the sun for a little while and get a dose of vitamin D.
I made a fantastic supper for my fam. It all came out perfectly and at the same time.
I picked up a great little cd at Target for a buck.
I kicked ass on MahJongg Connect at Square Peg Mama. Level 4!
I caught my dd doing a math practice sheet in bed. I'm so proud of her!

Ahhh, the ambien is kicking in...
Some days are positively shitty for me. I feel so much pressure bearing down on me and yet I shouldn't. I've got the perfect life except I'm alone all the time. The cats are great for alleviating the loneliness but they aren't the conversationalists that Goliath was. That cat could talk a blue streak and always made a solid point. I miss him. The stream of consciousness thing just doesn't work with these guys. How am I ever going to nail down perpetual motion if I don't have someone to bounce it off of? These guys aren't satisfied with watching the gyroscopes...they have to bat them around. It makes the thought process rather disjointed. Some days I think it would just be easier to breed a giant hamster and set it loose in a wheel. Of course, the cats would love that.

Other days, like today, are brilliant. I visit my blog and wonder why on earth people who showed absolutely no interest in me at all for years have suddenly made it a habit to visit 2 or 3 times a day. I don't get it. They made their choice and elbowed me out. Why hang around? Waiting to see if I'll pull a Tiffril and blab my guts out? Oh, that's a possibility, you know, on those days that aren't so brilliant. Those days when I'm so lonely. But not today.

2 comments:

Jen Collins said...

Yaknow, it's coming up on 8pm here and I'm thinking maybe Ambien's gonna get some love tonight here too. Thanks for the idea. I haven't been hitting the ol' pill botle as much since the Flower Child came. Sometimes I miss it.
The rest, I don't have any comment on.

scdd said...

Just so you know, my cats took offense to your comment. ;o)