11.13.2007

My brain is going to atrophy.

I can feel it shrinking every time I sit down to another game of letterlinker or mahjongg. Maybe dropping a juicy little drama bomb will spark some activity...

Well, all drama aside, my day was excruciatingly mundane. I had a little heated exchange with my mother, whose memory is apparently shorter than mine, or, at the very least, painted with a different brush. One that is much more forgiving. She whipped out the grudge card and gave me a wicked paper cut with it. That's ok. I heal quickly these days. Ahhh, Thanksgiving...the holiday known for Roasted Turkey, taters & gravy, cranberries, and the annual exequy where my flaws are trotted out like the proverbial dead horse to be whaled on once again. Dh is so looking forward to it.

I went to School Crossings to get the rest of dd's brownie stuff. We finally got her troop numbers so I picked up the rest of the patches needed for her uniform. I actually put them on the vest today, too! How's that for productive? I need to make the rolls for the soiree on Thursday. Guess I better do that tomorrow. Dh is already complaining because it threatens to cut into his Survivor time.

Went to the grocery store after that. Got some "cheap" milk. Finally found the note I scrawled about the milk shares. It's a great concept and I would love to partake but dh is unwilling. But it's Jersey milk, I cried! You haven't tasted milk until you've tasted Jersey milk! He was unimpressed with my show of emotion. My butter churn is ready to go! Rich, creamy, raw Jersey milk...a controlled substance like any narcotic, illegal to sell but free to use if you own the cow...or a portion thereof. Deucedly clever those dairy farmers.

See, if my brain wasn't so busy going numb I would have thought of that. So, as I was saying

1 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

Computer games are evil. They are fun at the time, but they make me horrendously grumpy. And my house gets really messy when I play them.