12.03.2010

Writing & Moment

Since I didn't get a prompt until the second day I thought I'd combine yesterday's and today's so I'd keep up.

December 2 - Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)

Just about everything I do during the day has absolutely nothing to do with writing. In fact, it seems the moment I decide to write, I seek those tasks. I wish I could eliminate the drudgery that fills each day. Who wouldn't rather dive head first into a story of mystery and intrigue instead of washing clothes and hanging them on the line to dry? Or scaring themselves silly with a twisted tale of terror instead of cleaning the grout in the shower? That is horrific in itself.


December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

Short and quick to make the deadline...hiking to a spectacular view in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina....somewhere around Banner Elk. Beautiful country. I felt very close to nature. Everything was so green, so cool and alive. Water rushing across rocks, waterfalls sending vapor into the air, shimmering like diamond dust. Lush carpets of moss and ferns.

0 comments: