12.12.2010

Body integration?

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

WTF? I'm not really sure what this prompt means. The only thing I can think of that might even relate to this is the way I felt after hiking to the top of a trail on the
Blue Ridge Parkway and having a stunning view. Heart beating, legs aching, a good steady breeze in my face, and clean fresh crisp air filling my lungs.
That's it.

Some of these prompts aren't speaking to me. It's 3:42, cold and rainy, and it looks like 6:00. In a bit I'll need to get up and take the camera outside so I can chase off the vultures. The neighbour killed a deer and threw the carcass in his backyard. The hundred or so vultures that come to roost in my front yard every night have no reason to even leave now. Dumbass. They don't like the camera flash at all and it really drives them in a tizzy. It's an awesome sound to have that many large birds taking off at once, crashing through the treetops, hissing. Kind of freaky, too. If I miss the small window of opportunity they will be there all night. I hate to disturb Pip who is asleep on my lap. She throws off a tremendous amount of heat. I wish I could get her to sleep on my feet at night. :o)

0 comments: