12.11.2010

11 Things

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

  1. Continuing with my packrat mentality. I'm not a hoarder like my parents but I feel a moral obligation to reduce, reuse and recycle. It kills me to have to buy things at the grocery store that are packaged in #5 or #6 plastic because I can't recycle that stuff. I try to reuse it for seed trays and what not but honestly, there's just too much of it. I'll use a ziplock baggie nearly 20 times before it goes in the trash. Just knowing that it'll still be around long after I'm dead does my head in. So, in 2011 I will do my best not to buy items that are overpackaged or in something that I can't recycle.
  2. Too much alone time. I can very easily fall into a cycle that keeps me home, only going out when I need to pick up milk or whatever. In 2011 I'll try to get out more.
  3. More books. I love books. I feel better when surrounded by books. But I have to stop adding to the stash. I think deep down I'm compensating for something that is lacking. I need to find out what that something is and stop building my wall of books.
Ok, three is about it for me. There are other things I'd like to eliminate from my life in 2011 but unfortunately I'm stuck there. Grin and bear it type stuff. Besides, this exercise in negativity is counter productive in my opinion. I really don't have that much in my life that I feel needs to be eliminated. I guess that's a good thing.

0 comments: