12.07.2010

Community

December 7 – Community Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

I have no community. Ten years ago it was very important to me. I invested a lot of time and energy, put a lot of myself into an online community. It ended very badly, such that I cannot put myself into that situation again. I would like to connect more deeply with local members of nanowrimo. Unfortunately, most people who come out for the writing only do so for the month of November and then go back to their normal lives come December. It would be nice to meet other writers on a regular basis just to kick back. Not necessarily discuss writing, our projects, or other shop talk. Just take a break from being alone. Writing is generally a solitary act but it doesn't have to be. Perhaps something will get started in 2011. I've read at the nano forums that a few people are trying to form a writing club but it looks like it'll be in Richmond. Out of my way. I can't drive in Richmond, especially at night. Not going to happen. I was pushing it just showing up for the nano kickoff party. My eyesight sucks, especially when I get hit with oncoming headlights. That said, if something started up south of Midlo then I'd be all over it.

0 comments: