12.14.2010

Appreciate.

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

That would have to be the husband. Every once in awhile he disappoints me but he never lets me down. He's one of those long suffering types. I don't know how to express gratitude for him. He gets mad when you thank him or make much of him. I make cookies that I know he'll like, cook his favourite meal occasionally, make sure he has clean clothes. There's not much you can do for him that will illicit any kind of response. He's a flatliner. So the best I can hope to do is just make sure stuff is done around the house. If there is something I'm not doing he tends to tell me. Yeah, sometimes I feel like the help but what the hell. I can do whatever I want. I don't have to punch a clock anywhere...well...besides 7:00 p.m. So I am grateful that he goes to work every day and makes sure that the kidlet and I are healthy, have whatever pills we need, that sort of thing. It doesn't sound like much but I am very thankful that he is in my life.

0 comments: