12.09.2010

Party

Party is the reverb10 prompt for today. I'm just not feeling it. I attended a couple of social events but none rocked my socks off. I much prefer sitting out on the patio with my husband and little girl, building a fire in the firepit and roasting marshmallows after it gets dark. To me it doesn't get much better than that. I like the way my clothes smell of wood smoke, the sound of the fire crackling, the occasional loud pop of a section of bamboo giving way. The dogs fight over custody of the husband's lap. Nevermind that they both weigh over thirty pounds and are about as far away from being lap dogs as you can get. Sometimes even the chickens come around to see what's going on. It's very intimate. We talk, we read, we do the crossword. Sometimes we play cards. I'd take that over some posh soiree any day.

0 comments: