2.25.2008

Is it lunch yet?

Gaah. I had a pounding headache this morning that was even worse than the pounding headache I went to bed with and promised myself that I'd crawl back into bed as soon as the kidlet was off to school. I did. For about 2 minutes. Pip needed to go out. After tossing her out I noticed that the fishtank was a little deeper green than normal and got dressed to take care of that. I went outside, freezing, to get the gravel vacuum. I fed the chickens some corn while I was there and retrieved an egg from the coop.
Drained the tank and watered all the houseplants with the fertilizer/fish poo. Mopped up all the water that was pouring out of the plant saucers. Transferred one of the platys to a separate bowl as he didn't look too chipper. Cleaned the filter housing and filled the tank for the next hour. Back and forth. *sigh* Oh yeah, fish are so worth it. I'm just glad I don't have my big tank set up. Got all the fish squared away and discovered my filter lid was gone. I still can't find it.

Meanwhile, I glanced out the window and saw Blondie carrying something in her mouth. She spat it out and tried to gnaw on it. It was an egg. That egg sucking dog has been raiding the henhouse. I think Rocky has just started laying but this was from one of the other girls. Different shape, different colour.

My house is a wreck. It's cold. I still haven't had brekkie and the bread dough is ready to be transferred to the board. This is my break.

My pussywillow is blooming, daffodils are open, robins are pumping up worms in the backyard and a couple of doves are snacking on the chicken's corn. Spring really wants to happen.

Pip is at the window howling to get back in.
Break over.

0 comments: