9.26.2010

What exactly is the point?

It's 11:35 pm and I'm sitting at the computer stuffing my face with dry cocoa puffs. I don't know where they came from. I certainly didn't buy them. Took my first Ambien in weeks. Wanted to stay awake tomorrow. I'll probably wake up every hour until it's time to get up and get the kidlet ready for school.
It finally rained today. Is still raining, as a matter of fact. I stood outside in it for awhile just to feel it splattering off of my dehydrated skin. I could hear the plants sighing in relief. The frogs started singing. The chickens didn't think too much of it though. Nor did the cats. All six found their way to the door this evening. I've already kicked a few back out. They have a really nice house of their very own with several sleeping platforms, carpet on the floor, windows to look out of, a ramp to crawl up on and scratch their claws on, and a big bowl of food awaiting them. They come and go as they please in their little cat cabana. Every once in awhile they'll be raided by a 'possum or raccoon, both connoisseurs of 9 lives plus care cat food. The good stuff, the iams, is in the main house. Some of the cats refuse to eat that common tripe that the neighbours cat chows down on when he visits for a gnash.

damn. have to wrap this up so i can still find my way back to my room.

0 comments: