9.22.2010

Faster than a speeding bullet....


School started Sept. 7th. Two weeks later and she has a cold. Gallons of snot, sneezing. That has to be some sort of land speed record. I forced a nasty chewable vitamin down her scrawny little neck this morning. They're awful. I don't care if they are shaped like zoo animals. They still taste like shit and burn all the way down. She wasn't too happy with it either. I gave her a handful of cinnamon life cereal to chase it. So with her 30 pound backpack slung over her shoulder she trudged to the bus stop snotting and sniffling. I can't wait until it makes its rounds. Soccer practice tonight. She'll be laying it on thick, I'm sure.

Stayed up late finishing Mockingjay (by Suzanne Collins). Today I'm in a kind of funk. That let down feeling I always get when I finish a book, especially when I don't have something fantastic lined up for the next read. Book club is doing To Kill a Mockingbird but they won't meet until the middle of next month for that. I could be working on my own novel but I'm having a spot of trouble with my attention span. Seems it's nonexistent at the moment. I had a rather lengthy inner dialogue over the merits of a healthy snack versus a chocolate chip cookie a while ago. The cookie won. I guess my subconscious was playing devil's advocate because I can't imagine the need for a dialogue at all when chocolate is involved.

I'm off to the library now. Need to return some useless landscaping books and find a story I can crawl into and wrap around me like a fuzzy warm blanket.

0 comments: