8.21.2010

Those lazy, crazy days of summer...

are coming to a close. Thank Goodness. I managed to throw a few seeds into the ground before we left for vacation. The cabbage and zucchini sprouted as soon as they hit the dirt it seems. I'm in the pool house of the Blue Ridge Villages Resort in Banner Elk, NC. The kidlet is swimming in the heated pool below my window. She has it all to herself. It looks like the husband is playing some kind of solitaire and sipping one of my beers. How evil. We struck out fairly early this morning to hike to the Crabtree Falls but pea soup fog rolled in and it started to rain. It's currently about 21 degrees cooler here than at home. 69 right now. Lovely hiking weather. Except for the rain and the fog, that is. Tomorrow is calling for rain, thunder and lightning, all day and night. That's fine by me. I just love being here. We got the best room ever this time. Two bedrooms on two levels with lots of windows and balconies overlooking the lake. Awesome! We were only supposed to get a one bedroom but there was an opening that allowed us to upgrade. I was absolutely giddy!
Everything has been peachy except the kidlet got sick last night and hurled. But she felt much better right after and apparently has no lasting effects today. She'd be happy in the pool all week. I feel the need to hike though. We came here last year and the views were absolutely beautiful. I think I'd be happy living here if I didn't need to drive during winter. Guess I better close this up and get down to the pool. I feel the need to trounce the husband at cards.

0 comments: