8.05.2010

It was a dark and stormy night...

Opening up the bedroom window is like opening the oven door. Thunder is pounding the hell out of the clouds but they're not weeping yet. It was in the 100s again today. The cats have gone to ground and probably won't be out until the storm has passed. I spoke with my mom briefly and had to cut it short. She said they were getting hammered with rain. The kidlet is on her way to the holiday house with her grandmother and soon-to-be grandfather. I hate it that she goes off with them. I'm glad she gets to go swimming and all that but I'm really not comfortable with MIL's bf.

I went to the dentist today. He couldn't find anything wrong with my teeth. Doesn't know where the pain is coming from. He poked and rapped and blew air on them. Nothing. The delayed reaction was a bitch though. Must be like getting hit in the balls.

Monster storm underway now. The chickens probably think it's the end of the world.

I'm between books at the moment. I finished Graceling this morning. It was ok, but not good enough to make me leap right into Fire. I think I'll read Endless Night by Richard Laymon next. It's a borrowed book and I don't want the owner to think I'm keeping her novels hostage. The lights just dimmed and the cable box keeps rebooting. Looks like I'll be reading by candlelight in a few minutes. Great way to read spooky books!

0 comments: