9.19.2007

Yesterday was a bust. I paid my $20 copay to see the doctor who was going to remove a cyst. She wouldn't do it. She said it was too large and I needed to see a surgeon. Great.

I went to the grocery store and back home to clean the house. Busted ass actually. The mother, who approached me at the busstop and asked to come over, didn't show. Dd went over to their house instead. Fine. Would have been nice to have a head's up though. She'll probably show up today when the kitchen is currently destroyed. I'm working on a craft project for the in-laws and there's crap everywhere. I've also got a cheese pie in the works and laundry going.

Made a giant score at the grocery store yesterday. I had to have dd's prescription refilled. It costs $3.35. Kroger was giving $5.00 off groceries per prescription. I made money already. I also had a coupon from Rite Aid for a $20 gift card on transferred prescriptions. Kroger honours them so I got $20.00 put on my Kroger card.
I got a cart load of stuff, used a bunch of coupons and BOGOF coupons, and paid with the rewards checks that Kroger sends me occasionally for using their mastercard. I ended up putting $3.06 on mastercard and walked away with groceries for a week. I love shopping like that! The people behind me in line weren't too thrilled because it takes a long time to check out. I always get stuck with this one lady who can't comprehend the Buy One Get One Free concept. Then she had to have someone show her how to run the rewards checks. Again. And then I always get this one chick that bags my groceries. I'm all for hiring the mentally challenged but I wish they would please please please teach their baggers that they don't put a gallon of milk on top of a bag of grapes. For real. And she always rolls down the top of the bags so when the cashier has to see if I actually got a certain item for a coupon the bags have to be opened one at a time to find the object. It's exhausting and I can feel the animosity like a tsunami from the people behind me. But... I still walked away with a cartful for $3. ;)

0 comments: