9.13.2007

What to do...what to do...

I've recently been handed some lemons. I'm not sure what to do with them.
Should I make lemonade and see it as a freeing experience?
Or should I eat them whole and shiver in their sourness?
I'm really not sure.
No more responsibility. No more peer pressure. No more stoicism when coworkers are losing their shit. Sounds good, but there is a price. I hate to admit that I've wasted yet another large chunk of my life. That's what stings. To be so completely buffaloed after all that time. And, yes, I do feel cheated. All that time...all that effort...all that stress. For absolutely nothing. I never expected the venom to be so vile. I tricked myself into thinking that I truly belonged because I wanted to so badly.
So, I'm back where I started and probably none the wiser. Determined to try harder but probably even more cautious and armor clad than before.

3 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

Mmmm. Make a cake. A lemon cake with lemon frosting. And some candied lemon peel on the top, for pretty AND for extra tastiness. I'll brew up some tea to go with it.

Oh wait-- you weren't being literal, were you. :/ I'm sorry that you're dealing with shitty folks/situations. It's just really not worth it to be stressed unless it's really truly important to you.

scdd said...

Hmmm, a lemon cake with lemon frosting is sounding really good to me right now. With a cup of Constant Comment tea. Ahhh, comfort food for the soul. :)

joy said...

i like your comments susan (and hope they become more "constant".) i like seeing what *you* think. i like hearing your take on things, even if it may surprise others. it's like you've undergone surgery to be your own person after being conjoined for years to several other people.

definitely go with "freeing".