9.19.2007

Lonely is a four letter word.

It should be. I'm sick and tired of being lonely all the damned time. I've been trying to find some kind of local groups to meet people. Other moms in particular.
There's a new group for displaced yankees 50 and over. I'm a displaced yankee but I'm only 44.
There's a group for moms of toddlers and preschoolers. My kid is in 2nd grade.
There's a group for people new to the area but only within the last two years. I've been here for seven years now.
Moms Club was a joke.
Mothers & More didn't have any vacancies. That was four years ago but I'm on the list. Right.
I don't belong to a church.
That's about all there is. It sucks. I'm in that awkward stage of no longer hip but not quite in AARP land.
I wonder if there are other mothers in the area that don't quite fit anywhere? Square peg mamas? Maybe I need to start a group myself. That's a scary thought.

0 comments: