7.16.2010

Sweeney Todd, Dental Hygienist




My mouth is killing me. It feels like someone has my molars in the grip of a pair of rusty, cold pliers and they're steadily pulling and twisting. Yesterday it was the upper teeth on the left side. Tonight it is the lower teeth on the left side. My teeth have been hurting a bit ever since I got my 6 month cleaning by Sweeney Todd, Dental Hygienist, about five weeks ago. Not like it is now though. Just mildly sore. Like you'd feel if a sadist just flossed your teeth with razor wire. Tonight it is borderline excruciating. And it's Friday night and the office is closed for three days. I saw a doctor on Tuesday thinking I had an ear infection. Usually when I catch a cold it presents with the teeth on one side of my face hurting like hell. Alka Seltzer Cold Plus kicks it's little viral ass if I take it early enough. Hasn't worked so far this time. Anyway, back to the doctor. I drove by the office on Monday to make an appointment because I can never get anything done by phone with them. The only opening they had was for 5:30 on Tuesday. I was ok with that. 8 to 10 Ibuprofen a day seemed to be keeping the pain in check. The guy, not my regular doctor, took down my history, checked my ears, checked my teeth and throat and told me to take more Ibuprofen. His recommendation was to up my dosage to 2400 mg a day. I got him to renew my other prescriptions and he said he faxed them over to my pharmacy. That was Tuesday. My husband has been calling both parties all week and they finally got one of the prescriptions from the doctor's office. I have to go back and pick the other one up since it can't be sent electronically. Would have been nice if they had just given it to me on Tuesday. I loathe those people. It's not that I'm a difficult patient. I'm not. Honestly. I just hate incompetence and laziness.
Crap. It hurts. Monday the plumber is coming by to fix what the tile guy screwed up. He said it would take him roughly four hours but I don't know if that is a.m. hours or p.m. hours. Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday. I'll run out of Ibuprofen before then.

0 comments: