5.28.2008

ISO Planning committee

Summer vacation is almost here. So far nothing has panned out. The engineering class that was oh so convenient and something the kid was really interested in has been cancelled. The timeshare exchange has gone bellyup like dd's sunset platy last week. The only thing available is in Hawaii the week after school lets out. WTH can afford plane tickets for that?

Ugh. I just fired down an underripe nectarine, drawn up and sour as hell. I have a sneaking suspicion that thing will be barrelling through my colon like an El Camino full of rednecks juiced up on Pony Millers. Good thing I've got nowhere to go for the next few hours. Hell, I've got nowhere to go for the next couple of days.

Today was the last day of the great Ukrops Coffee Social for Square Peggers. That's all I'm going to say about that.

So far I've come up with the following LOOSE itinerary:

JUNE: DC, Zoo, Maymont
JULY: Williamsburg, Shirley Plantation, Monticello
AUGUST: Beach (if anything comes available. We were shooting for Hilton Head Island but I think that's a crapshoot.), Jr. Adventurers at Pocahontas State Park for the kid, and possibly Berkeley Plantation.

So much hinges on when we'll get the beach vacation squared away. If. I see a lot of rollerskating and matinees in my immediate future.

0 comments: