5.03.2010

Will the excitement never end?




I'm so sleepy. Around 10 pm I was feeling drowsy but once I got up to do my last minute stuff I became wide awake. I decided to forgo the ambien but around 2:30 a.m. I had to take one. Sleep had slipped away on mellow waves for someone who was ready for it. Meanwhile I tossed and turned and ran meaningless scenarios through my head over and over again. I sat through a John Cusack movie, trying to make sense of it and waiting for something to happen. It didn't. I muted most of it and tried to read Middlesex but couldn't focus on it enough to do it justice. I was really tired, too. Sore. I did a ton of work in the garden. My hands feel stiff even now. Too tired to sleep. Is that even possible? And now it's Monday morning with rain looming on the edge of time. A moment from now and the sky will open up and weep on my garden. I've been watering my plants quite judiciously but rain is always welcome. Besides, the fish pond is low, submerged pot low. Dogs can barely reach the water to drink low.
I'm so tired.
I've got so much to do today but I feel wholly incapable of doing anything. My Serta is singing a sibilant song....sleep....sleep....beckoning me back to bed. Who am I to disagree?

0 comments: