2.02.2009

The week in review

Marcella's funeral was on Wednesday. Catholic, Latin, Communion, the whole nine yards. It was cold and rainy and totally fitting for a funeral. I wore a dark suit with some vintage pantyhose from my working days and as expected they gave out at the graveside service. I wore low heels but even then, combined with the cold and the damp, my legs began screaming in pain. That night I could barely sleep.

Thursday was my birthday. Uneventful for me. However, my friend, Jen, had surgery to remove her gallbladder since she had stones that were morphing to monstrous proportions. She's home now and popping vicodin like Greg House. ;o)

Jim, the husband, took Friday off (as his flex day I assume). He had a 4:15 appt to have his stitches removed. He also chose to trounce all over my feelings. My legs were still very painful. I'd had heat on them for hours but thought that if they were rubbed it may help. So I asked him to rub one leg. The calf. Just for a little bit. He said he didn't want to. huh. It didn't stop him from asking me to put ointment on his scar or to help him get the bandage residue off his neck. I declined.

Saturday morning, in what I assume was an attempt to get back on my good side, Jim grabbed my leg and thought he'd give me a little massage. He started squeezing my calf like it was a roll of playdoh. The pain was excrutiating. It was not a good day.

Sunday was brilliant. I worked in the garden for a bit. Got a lovely dose of vitamin D. Sat outside in the sunshine, drank my tea and read a book. Grendal crawled up on my lap and had a snooze. Very pleasant. And then the kidlet brought the neighbour kid over and all hell broke loose. She chased the chickens and tore through my landscaped planting beds like a bull moose. Blondie wouldn't stop barking at her.

And today is Monday. Blessed quiet Monday. The kid is at school. The husband is at work. The cats are asleep. The dogs are snoozing in their solarium. The house is so quiet! My legs are feeling much better. The day has infinite possibilities!

0 comments: