1.10.2009

Holy Moley!




How did that happen? What a serendipitous series of events! The neighbour decided not to take his grandchild to the store so my kid is over there playing with her and won't be home until dark. Dh just left for a football party at his friend's house and won't be home until late. I won't need to cook supper tonight. It'll just be me and the kidlet and the wonderful leftovers from last night's stirfry.

I've got cookie dough all chilled and ready to slice and bake. I've got a nice pot of tea brewing. The cats are asleep and not fighting. The washing machine is winding down on the spin cycle. Now all I hear is the hum of the space heater at my feet. Pinch me! This can't be Saturday! I won't have to listen to sports on the tv all night. I won't have a ton of dishes to wash. Maybe when my hellion daughter gets home we'll build her gingerbread house. Or have some hot chocolate and watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. A girls' night in. She'll love it.

After she goes to bed I can curl up in front of the fireplace and read some of Kathy Reichs' novel, Deadly Decisions. I had planned on doing more laundry but serenity like this must not be squandered. Who knows when I'll have this kind of quiet bliss again? Tomorrow I will be hip deep in dh's family. His mom got everyone in the family tickets for a play at Barksdale Theater to be followed by dinner at Brunetti's. A little voice in the back of my brain is screaming INTERVENTION for some bizarre reason. I can feel myself tensing up already. By tomorrow noon I'll be a full body white knuckle. But tonight, ahhh tonight....

0 comments: