10.29.2010

These aren't the droids you're looking for...

This cat has some serious Jedi Mind tricks. Something compelled me to get up from the kitchen table and go to the front door. Alvin, the neighbour's cat, was staring through the glass, his beady little eyes rivetted on the bag of catfood. The food bowl in my cats' house was empty. He's a fixture here these days. Doesn't miss too many meals. My kid says his people don't feed him. He looks healthy enough to me. My other cats have accepted him as one of the family except Grendal. He doesn't like to share his mom. He'll get over it eventually. Not sure the husband will though.

My dad got his biopsy report back. He has Prostate Cancer. Mom said his Gleason Score was 7. That's all I know. They were going to remove his catheter but ended up putting it back in for another month. That's got to be uncomfortable. He is not seeking treatment. Gonna ride it out to the end however long that may be. Not a good year for my family. Rick dead of cancer in Feb. Dad's second bout with cancer in October. Here, the husband still worries over his skin cancer. It's a wonder Mom hasn't gone off the deep end. I guess I'll be going down there this weekend to help Mom catch up on things. She needs a break. She's been fighting with my half brother SpongeBob lately since he's not doing anything to help out around the place. They really need to kick him, his girlfriend, his wife (and her 17 sickly cats) and stepson to the curb. They better do it soon.

0 comments: