10.13.2009

What a day.

I had to wear crusty old contact lenses because the husband was taking my frames in to the optometrist to get the glass replaced. At one point I absently rubbed my eye and pushed the contact back behind my eye. Lovely.
I just got done performing surgery on my face. Lots of blood this time though. We called the husband's dermatologist the other day to get an appt for me to find out what these damn things were cropping up all over the place. Their first opening is April 2nd. There's no telling what I'll look like by that time. I'll have to find a ninja costume somewhere.
Mom called yesterday. Started prattling along about how well her sponging sons were doing. I told her I'd rather not hear about it. Later that evening I called her back to see what kind of limit they were placing on the house they asked me to find them. "No more than $100,000" she said. At least 5 acres with a house, well & septic already installed. It boggles the mind. I asked, "You're still planning on putting this place on the market in January, right?" "Well--we haven't talked about it much lately. We really love it here." She had told me that they were going to have to sell their property and move to someplace smaller so her kids wouldn't follow her. Deep down I knew she was fantasizing aloud. I did waste a few hours looking for them but it occurred to me, if they were going to back out of the "ultimatum", and do a complete 180 on giving Rick money for his Egan road trips, then they weren't thinking lucidly or rationally. I want so much to just be out of it. It disturbs me so much. Anyway, I won't be looking anymore for them. They've done this to me time and time again. Jim was with me on speaker and he asked if everything was going well down there. "Oh yes, everything is great". "I hear that Rick is going on a road trip soon. Why'd you change your mind?"
That question was followed by lots of stuttering and stammering and finally "I have to go. I'm cooking and it's burning. I'll talk to you later."
And that was that.
The husband looked at me and asked, "Did she just blow us off???" I said, "Yep." And now we look like flaming assholes for our part in the "intervention". When we found out that the brother wasn't going to accept a part time job, or collect welfare, or hell, help himself in any way besides helping himself to another piece of chicken at the dinner table, we had an intervention. The husband called my mom to make sure that we were all on the same page. She said NO MORE MONEY! NO MORE ROAD TRIP MONEY! He had just pissed away $500 bucks on a trip to Jersey when he was told to stay out of Jersey since the interview was two hours away in Pennsylvania. He told the husband that he needed to get laid and knew a girl...and that he also owed a buddy about $100 or so and that he'd need him later so... So, a one day trip for a job interview turned into four days and a $75 overdraft on his bank account. Now the bank is calling here. I guess Mom will be paying for the ticket he got while up there, too.
I'm so sick of it.

In other news, the kidlet got out of school 3 hours early. We were supposed to go back to JoAnns to get stuff to start reupholstering the chair. I picked up a few yards of a beautiful green fabric to do the chair....$3/yd. I had a 50% off coupon, too. I just couldn't drag myself out of the house. Dizzy, shaky. Something is wrong with me.
Ambien is beginning to influence my typing here so I think I'll end it on that note.

0 comments: