10.13.2009

Dude

I had to break out my little under-the-desk heater this morning. The frost isn't on the pumpkin yet but it soon will be. I need to go up in the attic and pull down all the winter clothes today. The kidlet was asking for flannel sheets last night. I don't see why she needs them. Last night when I went in to check up on her she had company: Orville, Wilbur, and Smudge. Then Toast came in and Wilbur went outside. Those little beasties throw off a lot of heat. It's time to start putting food out in the winter house I guess.
I think I convinced the husband that we can recycle the monster wooden swing set into something useful. I see all sorts of possibilities. His view is rather limited. We could probably rehab it with free building supplies from Craigslist. Someone is always giving away pallets, plywood, old windows... Just the other day someone was giving away four sets of sliding glass doors. That would have been great if I was going to convert the space to a greenhouse. That would be so cool. I'd love to have a greenhouse but I don't see that happening any time soon. Man, that would be cool. We could move the frame down by the garden, use the elevated area where the slide is for a gravity feed watering station. I guess I need to draw up some plans.
But today I need to sew some pants for the kidlet. She is so tall and thin that store bought clothes just don't fit her properly. To get the length she needs she has to keep pulling her pants up all day. My heart bleeds.
2.5 weeks to NaNo. I really need to get my head around that, too. The whole transgenic microbes thing has to be ironed out and more thoughts on chimerism are needed. I'm excited by the possibilities.

0 comments: