4.18.2008

Update, shmupdate



It's getting tougher throwing tile on the wall now that it's above my head. I should be able to knock out the straight run bits in a couple of days. But I won't. That's not my style. My style is to think about it to death, and then get a wild burst of energy that is extremely short lived. I've got too many projects in the works. I'm still working on the playhouse. I got the stain a couple of weeks ago and still haven't used it. Shame on me.

I did a lot of yard work yesterday. I enlarged the planting bed by the fishpond and planted a Dwarf Alberta Spruce, some pinks, and snow-in-summer. Then, of course, I had to devise some means to protect it all from the chickens until the plants have a chance to settle in. Dd's soccer goal worked rather nicely....until the cat managed to wrap the netting around her throat. It's always something.

I moved two cedars and a holly from one bed because they were growing too closely to the brick walkway. One went into the shade garden against the fence and the other at the end of the veg garden. The holly is temporarily potted up until I can find a proper place for it. I have one bed left in the veg garden to prepare. I need to rake the big plot and get it ready for beans. I need to do that today. I've also decided to split the bed in twain by laying a brick path. We have the bricks so I may as well use them. Dh has steadfastly refused to extend the brick path all the way to the garage. It really would be nice.

That's pretty much it for the physical stuff. I'll have to save the spiritual and mental upheaval for another day. I should mention "the check" but I haven't the time right now. Maybe later after I've burnt myself out.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is gorgeous, Susan! I love it! I'm in awe that you're doing it yourself. I would be throwing tiles and cursing the gods.

scdd said...

Thanks! And I've been known to throw a tile or two myself, lol. ;o)