6.11.2007

I'm so tired.

I got less than 5 hours sleep last night. I really just want to crawl back into bed but I have way too much to do. I had planned on painting the wall in the kitchen and doing some additional spackling in the hallway but that may need to wait.

Yesterday I poured the preslope in the shower. That was a tough job. My hands still hurt. I'm glad I put down a layer of thinset mortar first. The 1/4 inch gauge came in handy for getting the pitch right. The pitch isn't equal all the way around but it'll have to do. As long as the water finds it's way to the drain if the membrane should fail is all that matters. I don't know how long it's going to take to cure. It's rather humid so it may be awhile.

I need to go get my vitamin D prescription refilled. I should do that today. I haven't had one in a couple of weeks. I need to go to Petco and get some advantage for the animals. The cats are scratching a lot and I don't need any ticks loose in the house. Those little beastie cats are all over the neighbourhood anymore. I had four join me on my walk back from the schoolbus this morning. Grendal is the only one who will walk with dd and me to the bus. The others wait until she's gone.

This is the last week of school and three of those days are early release. I'm trying to set up some activities for the kid for summer but having very little luck. I registered her for Junior Rangers at Pocohontas. I think we may sign up for ice skating camp as well. We'll see. She's all excited about our upcoming trip to D.C. We'll be going to the zoo and Smithsonian. She's been drawing pictures of the Washington Monument and the mall and reading about the Lincoln Memorial. She's ready, lol! Dh wants to go to the Holocaust Museum and I want to go to the Botanical Garden. I guess we'll be there for 3 or 4 days. Dh just called and said he's booking the room today. We'll be going to Williamsburg for a week in July and Kitty Hawk for a week in August. I guess we have summer nailed down.

Busy, busy, busy.

0 comments: