7.28.2008

Eating is making me sick.

For the past few days I've become nauseated everytime I've eaten something. Dinner was lovely tonight. We had fried zucchini, sauteed noodle beans, jasmine rice and lemon/dill tuna. Now I feel like I'm going to spew. Yesterday we had fried yellow squash with onions and angel hair pasta with sausage and red wine sauce. I had to force down a few ginger snaps after a couple hours of breathing shallow and clenching my teeth. I hate to barf. It finally did the trick. I don't know what the hell my problem is. It would be nice if it resulted in some loss of poundage.

I made a couple loaves of banana bread the other day. They turned out great. I didn't have any applesauce so they had the full compliment of oil and seemed a bit on the heavy side but still tasty. I exchange one cup of flour (in a double recipe) with 1/2 cup wheat bran and 1/2 cup raw wheat germ. I exchange 1/2 of the oil with unsweetened applesauce. Great for breakfast. I usually cut the sugar by 1/2 cup as well. The secret is to let the bananas get absolutely black....almost liquid. I used to buy the freckled bananas just for making bread but now the store won't sell them to me. The guy at Kroger said it was against the law. I think he's full of shit. Maybe if I took him a loaf of my high fiber banana bread....

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I make whole what banana bread in the winter. It's too hot to bake right now, even though dd is bugging me to make some. I never use applesauce, though. I like the oil. :)

Norm Deplume said...

whole WHEAT, not 'whole what'.