6.13.2008

The Universe loves me.

Today I got a free pickup load of wood chips from a listing on Craig's List. It was a humongous pile and we barely made a dent in it. The guy told us to come back for more if we wanted it. I unloaded it and filled the walkways in the garden. It looks great! I also mulched part of the area around the fishpond (and finally planted one of the dianthus flowers there).

It was Skippy's birthday today....Friday the 13th. How appropriate. He's 37 years old. He's catching up to me. Yesterday I was 9 years older than him. Now I'm only 8. ;o) I got him a book on the history of the Tour de France from 1903-2003. He loves that stuff and can rattle off all sorts of trivial stats on it. I can remember the highlights but really only watched it because of Lance Armstrong.

Had some drama with the neighbour who accused dd of tearing up his garden. She wouldn't. I'm not one of those parents who think that their little Throckmorten can do no wrong. She's capable of doing bad things and lying. This time I think she's covering for the guy's granddaughter who is a spiteful little kindergartener.

Today was also the last day of school. Dd is officially a 3rd grader now. The husband and I were playing a joke on her about her report card, telling her she didn't pass and will be stuck in 2nd again and she burst into tears. "I was really looking forward to going to Winterpock with Ben!" she cried, tears rolling down her sweaty little dirt streaked cheeks. Geez.

0 comments: